I’m convinced that resumes that are personally branded perform exponentially better than those that are not. And I’m hoping my top ten list will convince you to. You need a brand-driven resume that markets you to employers to stand out from other candidates. Here are ten reasons why brand-driven resumes are better.
1. They speak to WHO YOU ARE. Instead of looking like everyone else, suddenly you stand out from the stack.
2. The employer sees how their needs will be met. As opposed to just telling them what you’re looking for, you are showing them what’s in it for them if they hire you.
3. Branded resumes have a vision—and so do you. A branded resume puts your career vision on paper.
4. You won’t look like a jack of all trades (and master of none). You are a subject matter expert—and you should look like one.
5. Accomplishments and successes are marketed and at the forefront. No hiding behind responsibility- and duty-based bullet points allowed.
6. You are talented and gifted and have a lot to offer. A brand-driven resume will showcase that to an employer.
7. Being great at what you do and communicating that are two very different things. A great, brand-driven resume will make you sound as awesome as you really are.
8. It takes all the pieces of your career and pulls them together into a masterpiece! Branding can take what may seem like a disjointed and irrelevant career history and give it new life and meaning. What you may think is a setback can actually be a strength. The best resume writers know how to market seemingly difficult job search challenges in a way that benefits you.
9. A brand-driven resume focuses on your job search objectives and increases your response rate. Applying with a customized resume will generate far greater results than a general resume ever could.
10. It gets you interviews, and the employer gets the perfect “fit”. It’s a win/win! The employer feels like they’ve found a candidate who’s qualified and can meet their needs, and you get a great new career—and it didn’t take half as long as it could have.
Need more help with your resume? Download my newest PDF that includes 178 action-verbs and high-impact phrases that will improve your resume and capture attention from hiring managers.
Share this post:
About the author
Jessica Hernandez, President, CEO & Founder of Great Resumes Fast
Hi, I’m Jessica. I started this company back in 2008 after more than a decade directing hiring practices at Fortune 500 companies.
What started as a side hustle (before that was even a word!) helping friends of friends with their resumes has now grown into a company that serves hundreds of happy clients a year. But the personal touch? I’ve kept that.
You might have seen me featured as a resume expert in publications like Forbes, Fast Company, and Fortune. And in 2020, I was honored to be named as a LinkedIn Top Voice of the year!
I’m so glad you’re here, and I can’t wait to help you find your next perfect-fit position!
Will your resume impress employers? Take this 2-minute quiz to find out.
Get your personalized plan for a resume that stands out and lands you your dream job!
Need a little help getting hiring managers to take notice? Find out what's standing between you and those magic words "You're exactly who we've been looking for!"
Leave a Comment