This month I’ve been focusing my writing efforts on providing encouraging content to job seekers—writing about topics that inspire and encourage so you can stay positive in what could otherwise be a daunting and overwhelming place. Today I wanted to share some of my favorite inspirational quotes. I think many of them could apply to your career, job search, and life in general. I hope they uplift you today!
1. Life isn’t about getting and having, it’s about giving and being. —Kevin Kruse
2. Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve. —Napoleon Hill
3. Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. —Albert Einstein
4. I attribute my success to this: I never gave or took any excuse. —Florence Nightingale
5. You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. —Wayne Gretzky
6. We become what we think about. —Earl Nightingale
7. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover. —Mark Twain
8. Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it. —Charles Swindoll
9. Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right. —Henry Ford
10. The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. —Mark Twain
11. Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. —Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
12. People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing. That’s why we recommend it daily. —Zig Ziglar
13. If you hear a voice within you say “you cannot paint,” then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced. —Vincent Van Gogh
14. There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing. —Aristotle
15. Ask and it will be given to you; search, and you will find; knock and the door will be opened for you. —Jesus
16. The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be. —Ralph Waldo Emerson
17. Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined. —Henry David Thoreau
18. When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left and could say, I used everything you gave me. —Erma Bombeck
19. Believe you can and you’re halfway there. —Theodore Roosevelt
20. Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear. —George Addair
21. When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. —John Lennon
22. If you’re offered a seat on a rocket ship, don’t ask what seat! Just get on. —Sheryl Sandberg
23. You can’t fall if you don’t climb. But there’s no joy in living your whole life on the ground. —Unknown
24. We must believe that we are gifted for something, and that this thing, at whatever cost, must be attained. —Marie Curie
25. Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears. —Les Brown
Need some more hope and encouragement during your job search? Check out my Hope for Your Job Search Series and refuel your hope tank today!
Share this post:
About the author
Jessica Hernandez, President, CEO & Founder of Great Resumes Fast
Hi, I’m Jessica. I started this company back in 2008 after more than a decade directing hiring practices at Fortune 500 companies.
What started as a side hustle (before that was even a word!) helping friends of friends with their resumes has now grown into a company that serves hundreds of happy clients a year. But the personal touch? I’ve kept that.
You might have seen me featured as a resume expert in publications like Forbes, Fast Company, and Fortune. And in 2020, I was honored to be named as a LinkedIn Top Voice of the year!
I’m so glad you’re here, and I can’t wait to help you find your next perfect-fit position!
Will your resume impress employers? Take this 2-minute quiz to find out.
Get your personalized plan for a resume that stands out and lands you your dream job!
Need a little help getting hiring managers to take notice? Find out what's standing between you and those magic words "You're exactly who we've been looking for!"