Top 7 Resume Advice Articles for 2014: Degrees, Overused Words & Objective Statements
I love the end of the year; it’s my favorite time of year. Of course, there are the holidays to look forward to, but it’s always fun to look back over the course of the year and reminisce about all the wonderful things that happened, and to look forward to a New Year and all the goals before us.
At the end of the year I like to put together a list of the most popular and influential articles that ran on our blog in 2014. Below, you’ll find the articles and advice that our visitors loved the most and found the most helpful in their 2014 job searches.
The Top 7 Most Popular Resume Advice Articles:
1. The top article for the year was this great list of 25 of the Best Resumes Tips for 2014. https://greatresumesfast.com/2013/12/08/best-resume-tips-2014/
2. Wondering what hiring managers want to see on your resume? This article is all about the top 15 best words HR WANTS you to use on your resume: https://greatresumesfast.com/2014/03/18/hiring-managers-reveal-the-15-best-words-to-use-on-your-resume/.
3. It’s no surprise that this article on the 10 Most Overused Resume Phrases Damaging Your Job Search was also a top hit.
4. In case you were wondering, the #4 most popular blog article this year was actually about 5 Things You Should NEVER Say in Your Cover Letter.
5. Probably the #1 most tweeted article of the year was this one about How to Write a Powerful Professional Summary for Your Resume.
6. Cover letters were a popular topic this year, with this article revealing 3 Secrets to an Interview-Winning Cover Letter.
7. Rounding out the top 7 articles for 2014 is the one about resume branding and how to create a lasting first impression. You can find that article on the blog HERE.
If you followed the Great Resumes Fast blog this year, which post was your favorite? Have any great tips from 2014 that you want to share? We’d love to hear them!
In the meantime, let’s connect on LinkedIn. Feel free to send me an invitation here.
Share this post:
About the author
Jessica Hernandez, President, CEO & Founder of Great Resumes Fast
Hi, I’m Jessica. I started this company back in 2008 after more than a decade directing hiring practices at Fortune 500 companies.
What started as a side hustle (before that was even a word!) helping friends of friends with their resumes has now grown into a company that serves hundreds of happy clients a year. But the personal touch? I’ve kept that.
You might have seen me featured as a resume expert in publications like Forbes, Fast Company, and Fortune. And in 2020, I was honored to be named as a LinkedIn Top Voice of the year!
I’m so glad you’re here, and I can’t wait to help you find your next perfect-fit position!
Will your resume impress employers? Take this 2-minute quiz to find out.
Get your personalized plan for a resume that stands out and lands you your dream job!
Need a little help getting hiring managers to take notice? Find out what's standing between you and those magic words "You're exactly who we've been looking for!"
Leave a Comment