By: CareerAlley, http://Careeralley.com
You know the old saying “what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger”. I’ve had many jobs that tested that quote and, while it probably has some truth to it, that is probably not the best way to spend your career.
The list of the best small and medium companies to work for was put together by the same company that does the Fortune “Best Companies to Work for” (greatplacetowork.com). These are fairly small companies (medium defined as 251-999 employees), but a job is a job especially if it is with a company rated as “the best to work for”.
- Ultimate Software – Ranked #1 on this list, Ultimate is a technology company and is located in Florida. Their career page has a great overview (Is this where you belong?) with links at the top to browse open jobs, submit your resume and view application status. There were 22 job opportunities when I checked the site.
- ACUITY – Based in Wisconsin, Acuity is a financial services firm with 840 employees. Also named as the top technology innovator, their careers page has a brief overview with links near the top for Job Postings, Benefits and two ways to send your resume. There were 2 job opportunities when I checked the site.
- Holder Construction Company – As you might have guessed by the name, Holder is a construction company and has been in business for 50 years. Ranked #3 and based in Georgia, their careers page is well done. Center page is an overview of the company, with links on the left for Opportunities, Training & Development, benefits and more. Click on Opportunities to see a listing of jobs (with links to submit your resume). 3 job opportunities when I checked the site.
- Integrity Applications Incorporated – According to the website, Integrity (ranked #4 on the list) “provides specialized, high-demand acquisition and systems engineering expertise, project management, software applications, systems integration and analytic support services to solve the nation’s most challenging intelligence, security, operational and defense needs.” A long introduction, but worth the read. Their careers page has a great overview. To see the other links (such as Benefits and “Search Job Listings”) you need to hover your mouse over the Careers link at the top of the page. There were 17 job opportunities when I checked the site.
- SAGE PRODUCTS, INC. – Ranked #5, Sage is in the Health Care products industry. Their careers page has a good company overview, followed by links for “View available positions” and “a look inside”. The left hand side of the page has related links, including career opportunities. There were 5 current job opportunities, along with a list of 15 future job opportunities when I checked the site.
Good luck in your search.
Article courtesy of the Recruiting Blogswap, a content exchange service sponsored by CollegeRecruiter.com, a leading site for college students looking for internships and recent graduates searching for entry level jobs and other career opportunities.
Share this post:
About the author
Jessica Hernandez, President, CEO & Founder of Great Resumes Fast
Hi, I’m Jessica. I started this company back in 2008 after more than a decade directing hiring practices at Fortune 500 companies.
What started as a side hustle (before that was even a word!) helping friends of friends with their resumes has now grown into a company that serves hundreds of happy clients a year. But the personal touch? I’ve kept that.
You might have seen me featured as a resume expert in publications like Forbes, Fast Company, and Fortune. And in 2020, I was honored to be named as a LinkedIn Top Voice of the year!
I’m so glad you’re here, and I can’t wait to help you find your next perfect-fit position!
Will your resume impress employers? Take this 2-minute quiz to find out.
Get your personalized plan for a resume that stands out and lands you your dream job!
Need a little help getting hiring managers to take notice? Find out what's standing between you and those magic words "You're exactly who we've been looking for!"
Leave a Comment