This article is courtesy of Career Alley and their website is http://www.careeralley.com,
“You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take” – Wayne Gretzky
It is the same with job search, sometimes you just need to “go for it”. But you can’t go for it if no one is going for you. So what to do? You need to get your name and resume out there and one of the best resources is recruiters. But not just any recruiter (and certainly not every recruiter), the recruiters that will work best for you. Match your experience with your recruiters’ strengths. Today’s post is about picking the best recruiter and providing a few recruiter resources.
- Where To Find The Best Executive Recruiter Directory – This article, posted on CollegeRecruiter.com and originally posted on Confessions of an Executive Restaurant Recruiter, provides some advice and great links to executive recruiters.
- RecommendedRecruiter.com – This site is a search tool for finding a recruiter that fits your needs. The main page is a search engine where you can put in your keywords, communities (job functions) and location. Enter your criteria and the search returns up to a hundred matches (the matches are on the left hand side of the screen). The first recruiter on the list is displayed in details. Best of all, there are links at the top right hand side of the page for submitting a resume.
- Finding Jobs: Recruiters, Staffing Firms, and Head Hunters – Another bit of advice, job-hunt.org provides advice and explanations. The article provides definitions of the different types of recruiters (contingency, Temporary and followed by a short list of links to recruiters.
- Adams Partners – This recruiter specializes in Construction, Architecture, Engineering and Real Estate. Their main page provides an overview of what they do. At the top of the page are links for Contact Us, About Us, Our Process and Resources. There is a link for “Send Us Your Resume” on the left hand side of the page. The resources link is an interesting page as it provides interview tips, industry groups, compensation statistics and more. There is no listing of job openings, but clicking on Send Us Your Resume links to a webform where you can fill out personal information and then upload your resume.
- Russell Stephens LLC – This firm specializes in the Northeast (according to their site), but also appears to have contact information for the West Coast as well. They specialize in the finance and banking industry. The top of the page has links for Our Team and Search Assignments. The “Our Team” tab is interesting as you can get contact info from this page. The Search Assignments provides actual listings. Clicking any of the assignments will provide additional information on the job as well as information regarding who to contact.
Good luck in your search.
Article courtesy of the Recruiting Blogswap, a content exchange service sponsored by CollegeRecruiter.com, a leading site for college students looking for internships and recent graduates searching for entry level jobs and other career opportunities.
Share this post:
About the author
Jessica Hernandez, President, CEO & Founder of Great Resumes Fast
Hi, I’m Jessica. I started this company back in 2008 after more than a decade directing hiring practices at Fortune 500 companies.
What started as a side hustle (before that was even a word!) helping friends of friends with their resumes has now grown into a company that serves hundreds of happy clients a year. But the personal touch? I’ve kept that.
You might have seen me featured as a resume expert in publications like Forbes, Fast Company, and Fortune. And in 2020, I was honored to be named as a LinkedIn Top Voice of the year!
I’m so glad you’re here, and I can’t wait to help you find your next perfect-fit position!
Improve Your Resume: Download Your Free Executive Resume Template Today
Are you struggling to create an executive resume that will impress employers? Download this free executive resume template and receive a series of 10 emails with expert guidance on how to write resume content that resonates with employers so you get more interviews.
It's everything you need to stand out, make an impression, and accelerate your job search.