Great Resumes Fast » Resume Writing Tips » Personal Branding Top 10 List – Why You Need One Now.

If you’re not utilizing a brand-driven resume and a branded online presence then your competitors are 10 steps ahead. Having branded career documents and a completely branded job search communicates a concise and clear message to potential employers and with 90+% of employers researching potential employees on the internet now is the time to make sure your job search campaign has a united front.

If you’re one of those unlucky job seekers who isn’t utilizing branding to your advantage here’s 10 compelling reasons why NOW is the time:

10. Because you are NOT everyone else.

9. Because unless you tell the employer they have no idea that you are NOT everyone else.

8. In a stack of 500 other applicants or even 5 other applicants you need a competitive edge.

7. Because in 5 seconds the employer needs to know what you can offer them.

6. Because you only have 5 seconds to make a memorable first impression.

5. Because a clear, concise message is better than no message or a distorted and confused one.

4. Because it’s not just about job boards and paper resumes anymore – brand YOU and everything you touch.

3. Because the employer can find out all kinds of digital dirt you didn’t even know you had – watch those Facebook and Twitter profiles, what you write can come back to haunt you.

2. Because you’re a subject matter expert and they need to know that.

1. Because you want the job, you’re the most qualified, and if you don’t brand yourself someone else will – don’t let others make assumptions about you and your talents. Tell them what they need to know so they don’t have to guess.

Research has shown brand-driven, professionally-written resumes are 77% more likely to land the interview and the offer. Would you rather gamble and hope you fall in the remaining 23% or know that landing your next great opportunity is a sure thing?  We guarantee job search success – find out how at Or call 800.991.5187 to speak to an expert resume writer today.

About Great Resumes Fast Product Templates MRP-3882

About the author

Jessica Hernandez, President, CEO & Founder of Great Resumes Fast

Hi, I’m Jessica. I started this company back in 2008 after more than a decade directing hiring practices at Fortune 500 companies.

What started as a side hustle (before that was even a word!) helping friends of friends with their resumes has now grown into a company that serves hundreds of happy clients a year. But the personal touch? I’ve kept that.

You might have seen me featured as a resume expert in publications like Forbes, Fast Company, and Fortune. And in 2020, I was honored to be named as a LinkedIn Top Voice of the year!

I’m so glad you’re here, and I can’t wait to help you find your next perfect-fit position!


  1. Wes Lake on November 3, 2010 at 1:18 pm

    I could not agree with you more! I advise people all the time in job search and this whole concept seems to be difficult to understand for many of them. I do know that the ones who “get it” get jobs.


Leave a Comment

Improve Your Resume: Download Your Free Executive Resume Template Today

Are you struggling to create an executive resume that will impress employers? Download this free executive resume template and receive a series of 10 emails with expert guidance on how to write resume content that resonates with employers so you get more interviews.

It's everything you need to stand out, make an impression, and accelerate your job search.